Are you overweight or above 40 years of age and have pain in the knee?
Are you a sportsman with any injury of joints?
Do you have history of Osteoarthritis in the family?
If you answer ‘YES’ to any of the questions you need to get evaluated for osteoarthritis
- Strong Pain especially when moving the knee or while doing day to day activities
- Stiffness in the joints which increases after a nap or overnight sleep
- Crunching or grinding sensation in the joints during movement
- Swelling in or around the joints
- Muscle weakness around the joint
- Instability of the joint especially of weight bearing joint such as the knee.
- Restriction of joint movements
- In case on knee osteoarthritis, legs may become bent or bowed
- Change in pain severity during damp or cold weather with worsening of stiffness.
Osteoarthritis is a progressive condition of the joints caused by gradual loss of articular cartilage. Eight million people develop osteoarthritis globally and it is considered that there is no effective drug therapy or treatment available to either prevent or slow down the progression. The people with OA generally have osteochondral defects in their articular cartilage making treatment challenging.
Diagrammatic Representation of Risk Factors in Osteoarthritis
Mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) have shown promising results in the treatment of OA. Many clinical trials are in progress to study the effectiveness of stem cells stimulated with platelet rich plasma (PRP) in cartilage regeneration, degeneration of which is the hallmark of OA. MSC’s have been proven to have anti inflammatory and regenerative capacities as well as stimulate blood vessel formation and tissue repair.
We at Elixcell offer an innovative scientific treatment for people suffering from OA or any sports injury of the knee and other joints. The benefits of treatment include pain relief, improvement in quality of life and prevention of knee/ hip replacement. Please call us for details on OA and treatment. Our doctors will assist you with free consultation.